Monday, June 7, 2010

The Cactus...it's growing

If you remember from a previous post The Cactus... we have a cactus that Scott brought home from Arizona as a teenager. Well you'll be happy to hear the cactus is thriving. In fact, its 2nd arm has gotten larger and it has sprouted another little bump. Scott has actually set it outside and it kind of looks a little sick. I think it had gotten so used to being inside that putting it out in the scorching Oklahoma sun was a bit of a shock. I never was excited about getting the cactus, but I certainly hope it doesn't die. You'd think it would do well because I don't have to water it! I usually kill all plants. Anyway...here's a few photos of the growth. Take a look at the previous post to see the before pictures.


The whole darn cactus...


The 2nd arm...



The new bump...




A side note...This is the new tree I picked out for the back yard. It is a Hibiscus plant. It has made it a week without dieing. That is progress! The flowers are SO pretty but they only last about 18 hours, which is kind of sad. I'm a little nervous for it in the winter, but maybe we'll put it in a pot and move it inside. I guess next time I should actually research plants and pick a heartier plant that will make it through the winter.


















No comments:

Post a Comment