Fast forward 15 years...Scott meets Tiffany, they date, & decide to get married. At a wedding shower we opened a gift with a picture of a cactus taped to it. The cactus was a bonus wedding gift...yay for us. Unfortunately when we left KC that weekend our vehicle was too full to carry home a cactus. I wasn't too upset because I didn't know what in the world we'd do with a cactus or where we would display it. Also, I'm not so good at keeping plants alive.
Scott & I were in KC last weekend for Chad & Abby's wedding. I got in the car & saw a tall fedex container. Scott then informed me that this was the lucky weekend, we would be taking the cactus to OK. I may have rolled my eyes a little. Some of us were a little more excited than others. (Scott more than myself)
We made it back to Stillwater with the cactus & today Scott transplanted it into a bigger pot. I wont have anything to do with it because I know my clumsy self will fall into it or something & end up with all kinds of cactus needles stuck in me. I'm a big baby & would NOT handle that well. I also know our over curious dog will try to sniff/lick the cactus & that too will be a disaster. I'm not so sure how it will fit in with our decorations.
Here are a few pictures.
Its temporary home is the entry-way table.
Yes, those are Christmas decorations. I realize they are a little early, but I had a lot of time on my hands this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment