Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Where do I start? Halloween seems to be almost a week long event in Stillwater. Since Halloween happened to fall on a Saturday night this year, one would think that works out well for all the trick-or-treaters. But they'd be incorrect. Saturday Oct. 31st was OSU vs. Texas. By then, Halloween was almost forgotten as the city did our trick-or-treating on Tursday Oct. 29th. Our neighborhood is FULL of kids on a normal basis, but even more so on Thursday night. Scott & I estimate that we saw over 100 kids. Scott passed out most of the candy because someone had to hold on to our crazy dog. As we passed out candy Scott had the idea to dress Beasley up in her "Bumble Beas" costume, which most of the kids loved...Beasley not so much. We eventually ran out of candy & turned out our light about 8:30.

It was then that I realized I better get a jump on my costume. Yes, we dress up at OrthoOklahoma. My friend Aimee decided to be Cruella & I would be a dalmatian. My costume did not take long to make at all, which was nice. The only down side to my costume was the black make-up on my nose as I sneezed & scratched my nose all day. I had black all over my hands.

As for the actual Halloween night, our OSU Cowboys took on the Texas Longhorns. It did not go well. My dislike for the Longhorns has been around for many years as a Razorback fan, & it just follows along as a Cowboy fan.
We did have visitors. My parents & brother, as well as Scott's parents came to visit us. At least I was in good company as we lost. Luckily, we did not fall too far in the polls & we are still ranked above Oklahoma!

1 comment: