One would think everyone knows that you cannot smoke inside a public building. One would be wrong...
The other day I went to the waiting room to get a patient. The patient I went to get ended up being in a wheelchair so I had to wait at the door longer than normal. As I stood there I scanned to waiting room only to notice some guy was SMOKING! He had lit his cigarette and was smoking! He wasn't just smoking in a public building but in a DOCTOR'S OFFICE. Really?! I was baffled that A) he was smoking and B) none of our receptionist or people around him had said anything. I immediately said "Sir, you canNOT smoke in here. You need to put that out." Then, he seemed confused as to why I made him put out his cigarette. By now I'm sure my blood pressure and confusion level were through the roof. None the less, he put his cigarette out. The waiting room smelled lovely for the rest of the day.
Now that I have taken over as a clinical assistant I have a lot more patient interaction and we have a lot of questionable patients. So, I'm sure I will have plenty of stories to come.
Highlights of Living in Indiana
15 years ago

You crack me up on all your stories! The smoker guy is my
ReplyDelete2nd favorite, the cactus is my first!