Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garlic Lime Shrimp

This has become one of my new favorite recipes. I am going to try to post favorite recipes every now and then.

2 T. Butter
1 clove of garlic (I use minced)
1 lime (I use bottled lime juice)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp onion powder

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
Preheat large skillet, add butter and melt. Add garlic immediately once butter is melted. Add shrimp and squeeze lime over shrimp. Sprinkle seasoning then saute shrimp for 8 minutes.

This recipe is so easy. It is also a little spicy, but SO good! I have a slight variation that I have started doing. I add 6ish tablespoons of butter then once all is cooked I add 2-3 Tbs of flour or corn starch to thicken the sauce. Once the sauce is thickened it goes great over spaghetti noodles and you have a pasta dish. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment