Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Since our last post...

Thurs: I went with Cole, Rachel & Alexa to gymnastics. For those who don't know, these are 3 of Rob & Krista's 4 kids, all whom we love equally. They are just so well behaved & so darn cute & funny. Rachel was a little shy & didn't want her gymnastics teacher watching as she "gymnastasized." (yes I made this word up) While Cole went full force ahead. I enjoyed Gymnastics with Cole & Rachel very much. After we took Alexa to VBS the 3 of us played a little Wii. Cole & Rachel make me laugh so much & I am super excited how much they are talking.
Once I got home I started baking up a storm. I was in charge of desserts for the weekend at the lake. I made rice krispie treats, no bake cookies, Amish Friendship bread, ooey gooey cake, & a chocolate chip cheese ball. I do love to cook. I also made a few dips too.

Friday: We both took off work at noon & headed to the Lake of the Ozarks. Ron & Nancy have a lake house there. We met up with Chad, Abby, Amanda, & a few of Abby's co-workers & her brother. They are a fun loving bunch. We had a great time with them. We went to a restaurant called Dock Knockers Friday night to have their awesome crab legs. I had them all over me, but I didn't care. I'm sure Scott was thinking "I can't take this girl anywhere :) " Too bad, I say. He did say "for better, for worse" which also means "even when she's a messy eater."
Katie and Zack had a bet going to see who could convince a total stranger that they went to high school with them & keep them going the longest. Somehow Scott won the bet. He convinced some older lady that he went to school with her son in some small Missouri town. She bought it hook, line & sinker! The moral of this story is Scott is awesome at lying! Just kidding. He always has a smile on his face when trying to "lie" so I always know when he's making things up.

Saturday: We all loaded up the boat & headed to Aquapalooza 2009! We tied on to a bunch of boats & hung out for the day. We were definitely the old folks. The boats on either side were full of youngsters. The trip to this Aquapalooza was about an hour boat ride. The long ride wasn't a problem. The issue was the high for Saturday was 73. It felt nice just sitting in the boat but occasionally Chad would hit a HUGE wave & it would soak all of us. So riding wet it was a little chilly that day. However, it was pretty funny every time we hit a wave. Chad would tell all of us "I thought you guys were getting hot.
Saturday night we had dinner at the house. Abby made Enchilada casserole, which was delicious. We ended up playing a new game called "Things." We easily played for 3 hours. The game had us laughing so hard we were crying. Here's the general idea of the game: Person A picks a card. The cards say, for example "things you should not do at work." Everyone fills out a slip of paper to finish the sentence. We all give our papers to person A. Person A reads all the papers & the person to the left of person A has to try to guess who said what. The bottom line is the game is hilarious! We stopped at Target on our way out (you know I can't pass a Target without stopping :)) & bought the game.

Sunday: We played out on the boat & wave runner for a little while and then sadly, Scott & I had to leave. Our trip is longer than everyone else's, but it was not as long as I remember. So we definitely need to make it to the lake more next summer. Overall we had a great weekend! However, this really isn't a big surprise, we always have fun with Chabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment