We boarded Beasley at our vet while we were at the lake. I went to pick Beasley up on Monday & immediately when she got in the car she was rolling around & scratching all over. I didn't think too much of it because I was more worried that she smelled like the kennel. I took her home & then went to work. Monday & Tuesday she was always overly excited when we walked through the door. Usually she will slowly wake up & get out of her chair when I get home, but she would be waiting at the door. So, Tuesday night she rolled around & kicked & laid under the covers, then on top, then on the pillow. She was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Scott & I were not getting any sleep. Finally around 1am we got up & gave Beasley a benadryl. It helped a little. Wednesday she was rolling around all over the place & scratching. I meant to have Scott bring home more benadryl, but forgot. So, we found some tylenol allergy. It has both tylenol & benadryl. So, I wrapped it up in cheese & gave it to Beas, only to find out 2 minutes later that dogs canNOT have tylenol. Scott was looking up all kinds of information on the internet & naturally, I was freaking out. I called my mom because she knows quite a bit about what to do with dogs when problems arise. She offered to call an after-hours vet in Little Rock. I told her to go ahead because I didn't think we had one. Upon further investigation we do have one at the OSU vet hospital. We ended up getting the same story from both after-hour vet clinics. We had to force Beas to drink hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. So we did & the tylenol pill came up & all was good in that we hadn't poisoned our dog. However we still had the issue of her itching like crazy. I ended up going to Walmart at 10:30 to get more benadryl. I'm not sure it helped too much because she was still up most of the night roaming the house & scratching. She wanted to be in strange places like under our hanging clothes in the closet. She has never tried to do this until now. Scott called the vet early this morning & I took her over my lunch. She is definitely having a reaction to something. We just don't know what. They gave us some medication & a shampoo to wash her in. (ps Beasley HATES taking baths) This made her 2nd bath of the week. The skin around her poor eyes are red & the skin is broken. Her ears & belly have red spots all over them. She is currently sleeping on the couch behind me & my heart is broken that she is so miserable. I do know that if I freak out this much over a dog I'll be a basket case when we have children. She will surely get better with the medication, I just hope it helps her sleep because we are TIRED! Get well soon, Beasley!
No comments:
Post a Comment