Thursday, July 9, 2009

Destruction 101

This post was inspired by my cousin Jeni's last blog post Cookin'101. Jeni has a little trouble cooking. But, hey, what cook doesn't? She is tracking her cooking & I'm tracking my destruction of our new house.
We had only been living here a few months & as I was pulling into the garage & my mirror hit the wooden frame of the garage door. Nice, right? I can't remember if Scott's vehicle was in the garage or not & our garage is plenty big enough for both of our cars. I was just trying to give us a little more room I guess. I ended up leaving a green mark on the wooden frame & breaking my mirror. It's still attached to the car, just bent a little too much that I can't see out of it. Notice the big white scratch that is on my mirror in the 2nd. It looks awesome! Good thing I don't have far to go to work. Never mind the fact that I should be driving to work, that's another post for another day.


My most recent bit of destruction was just Thursday. I went to open our very tall curtains in the living room, the curtain rod separated & the left curtain was just dangling. I didn't yank it with any kind of force. I guess I'm just too strong for my own good...I know that's not true. I got out the step ladder, but I was still not tall enough to do anything about it. So it just stayed that way until Scott got home. It was the first thing he noticed when he walked in the door. For people who know Scott, know that should be no big surprise. He's got an eye for detail. However, I'm sure it wouldn't have taken anyone too long to notice that half of the curtains were in disarray. Poor Scott will always have something to fix as long as I'm around.


No comments:

Post a Comment