It is almost tailgating season & I thought I'd share a recipe that always goes over well . My mom gave me this recipe last year & I don't ever remember getting the proper name for it. Thus, it was given the name "love pockets" by our friend Erin Gerlich.
-1.5 lbs ground beef *
* I use ground chuck. I think ground turkey would be just fine too.
-15 oz. corn (frozen or in a can)
-15 oz. can black beans
-8 oz. cream cheese
-1/2 cup of salsa
-1/4 cup onion*
* I use onion powder while browning the meat.
Several rolls of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (I usually get 6)
Brown & drain meat. In microwave safe bowl combine the corn, beans & cream cheese. Heat 1 min & stir. Repeat this step until it mixes well. Add the salsa and meat and mix well.
Roll out the crescent rolls & spoon the mixture onto the crescents. Fold the crescent rolls, closing all openings. There is not incorrect way to fold them, just whatever works best.
**Pillsbury also makes these new crescent sheets that you can cut into any shape. I tried this the last time & cut it into 8 equal squares.
Bake @ 350 for 15-20 min, or until golden brown.
Optional ingredients include adding a pinch of shredded cheese before folding the crescents or adding Spanish rice to the mixture along with the meat & salsa.
This mixture makes a LOT! I always have quite a bit of mixture left over & I just freeze it & use it later. I have also made these into egg rolls. I love them as a southwestern egg roll! The only problem I have come across is timing. They are better crunchy so frying them just before serving them is best.
Feel free to share recipes with me! I'm always looking for new dishes to try.
Good luck & Enjoy!
Highlights of Living in Indiana
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment