Saturday, October 10, 2009

Letter Art

I've been wanting a letter art sign with Parker on it. By letter art, I mean the pictures of random objects that look like letters of the alphabet. See this example. Then, I had one of my better ideas yet. Scott should get one made that says COWBOYS & put it in his new office. Well, upon pricing them they are EXPENSIVE! So, we talked & decided we could take the pictures ourselves, AND use the color recognition feature on my camera. I tell you, it was just one great idea after another for the two of us! We started walking around the west end zone & taking pictures of all kinds of things. We wanted it to specific to OSU football. (We started this process back in July) Scott already had a frame, so once we decided on the pictures he went & had an orange matte made. Scott finished the project on Thursday & hung it up on Friday. I have to say, it looks awesome!

Here's a picture of the finished project...

I'll explain what each letter is, in case it is hard to see.

C-the end of a football
O-a weight from the weight room
W-the face mask of a helmet
B-the kicker's shoes
O-the zero from the 20 yard line
Y-the goal post
S-the tile S in the hydrotherapy room in the athletic training room.

No comments:

Post a Comment