Monday, September 14, 2009

My dad...

was injured in a fire the other night/early morning. He is ok. He sprained his ankle, but it is quite swollen. Here's the story:

My mom's version: Your dad stepped off a step & fractured his ankle while trying to help a fellow fire fighter, who fell through the roof, get out of the house.
My dad's version: I stepped of a very small step & rolled my ankle. One of the players (that's what he calls the fellow fire fighters) fell through the floor & the roof was burning so I was trying to help get him out. I walked around on it for an hour & a half. It didn't hurt too badly, but I had a pretty big knot on the side of my ankle. So, I had Weaver take me to the ER. It's not broken, but they gave me crutches & wrapped it with an ace bandage. I'm not really using the crutches because it isn't painful to walk & all that ace wrap does is keep my foot warm.
Here I am thinking I didn't have to worry about him getting injured at a fire because he is a battalion chief. I guess I was wrong. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse. I offered for him to come to Stillwater & get treatment from me/Scott. (Never mind that I haven't made any rehab plans in almost a year & a half.) I'm sure I could come up with something. The other part of this incident is that my dad is a work comp patient. For those who do not know, I am the work comp internal case coordinator at work. It's too bad that my dad is in AR. I could take care of the work comp issue as well as monitor his rehab. Anyway...here's a few pictures of his cankle.



I'm sure my dad will take advantage of being off for 2 full weeks. Hopefully he'll get to come to the next two OSU games & cheer on the Pokes with me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he is ok. Give him hugs and kisses from me next time you see him!

    ReplyDelete